Friday, December 23, 2005

Duplicate a Shape Using the Rotate Tool - Freehand

These are excellent tips, I am so happy I didn't know about the dragging while holding the -`- key.

But what I was referring earlier was about Freehand. I'll do it in freehand TIP mode and let me know if you know how to do it in Illustrator.

Make sure you have your transform palette open.

1. Create any object.
2. Click on the rotate tool
3. While holding the "option" key (Mac) click and release where you want your center to be
4. Release the "option" key
5. Now click again the same place and drag, while you're dragging press the option key again, this will clone the object
6. Release/position it wherever you desire
7. Go to the transform palette, in the scale tab, and type any scale, anything below 100% would make a spiral shape to the inside of the 'circle', anything above 100% will make an outward spiral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home